Monday, January 18, 2010

This muse bites - in a good way

Sometimes, life sucks.

I know it's advised, even prudent, to look for positives, no matter how unbalanced the world seems. For every negative, I suspect there is a plus. But when you're knee-deep in "kaka", the magic crystal ball of forward thinking can sometimes appear blurry and there isn't enough Windex in the world to rub it clean.

At least that's how it seems in the moment. The drama of a situation can lead you in all the wrong directions and its easy to lose sight of what's important. Priorities can shift, sometimes they have to. It's called survival, and yeah, it bites.

But if there's anyone who can help push past that, it's True Blood's Eric Northman. He'll tell me to - er - sink my teeth in and hang on. Suck up the last of my strength reserves and just write. Forget about everything else for a few hours and...

Write.

Sigh. Okay, Eric, you win. I guess it's time to sharpen my fangs. I know just where to start.


The Book In My Bag Today: The Paris Vendetta, Steve Berry

3 comments:

  1. Just leave this pic where you can see it, that'll inspire ya! Yummy tummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another TV show I haven't seen. Oy. Methinks I'm culturally deficient.

    Hang in there, D. A little sleep, a little fun, and you'll be right as rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, yep, yummy tummy is a hottie!

    Hope - hang with me long enough and I'll culturally corrupt you.

    Love ya both <3

    ReplyDelete