Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Just this side of creepy


Did you know that if a crow - yes, the bird - doesn't trust you, it won't forget your face?

Am I the only one creeped out by that?

According to recent studies, as published in New Scientist magazine, January 2010, wild crows can recognize individual human faces and hold a grudge for YEARS against people who have first treated them badly.

And to think, my Mom used to tease me for naming the crow my favourite bird! At least I know there won't be any bird attacks in my near future.

The Book In My Bag Today: Evil at Heart, Chelsea Cain

4 comments:

  1. LOL! Thats great!! I'll remember to be extra nice to crows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really surprised. If elephants and horses can remember faces for years, and ducks can count to at least ten, and fish know the faces of their school-mates...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually didn't really know any of that. However, I do think crows are kind of creepy even without the internal facial recognition program :-)

    ReplyDelete