Monday, November 7, 2011

Lock me up, Mr. Muse

After being away from home for a few days, I was really looking forward to seeing my husband, my stepdaughter and our doggies last night. But I was also desperate to get home in time to watch the newest episode of Once Upon a Time.


I'm a little bit addicted.

Yes, my husband teases me about that.

I can't help it, though. I'm loving how well the storyline is progressing on the show (though admittedly worried about sustainability), and the cross-over between the worlds of fantasy and real are really quite well done. It is one of those shows where I'm stuck between loving it and hating it for being so damn clever.

Not that I can't do clever.

I can, and this week, I will.

I'm taking some time to catch up on my deadlines, and hopefully rock out some serious NaNo wordage. My muse avatar will have no choice but to lock me up for seven days of writing solitude.

Good thing I chose Once Upon a Time's sheriff for the role. Oh, Jamie Dornan might not look the part on the show, but give his name a quick Google. You'll be begging for this former Calvin Klein underwear model to lock you up, too.

- Dawn

P.S. - NaNo words yesterday? None. And so the catch up begins...

The Book In My Bag Today: The Night Circus, Erin Morgenstern

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy, don't mind if I do. Yummy. ;)
    I've never heard of the show tho... sounds cool! Good luck on romancing your muse... mine needs to be seduced every now and then as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving Once, too, and this is the character I find hottest, thus far (though honestly, I like the creepy appeal of Rumplestiltskin because I'm twisted that way). This is a great pic though. Good luck with the NaNo progress and THANK YOU so much for your offer to read! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete