Monday, May 28, 2012

Muse with the most bite


June is right around the corner and I couldn't be more excited. Sure the turn of the calendar means warmer weather, backyard barbecues, sprouting gardens and summer holidays - but it also means the return of True Blood.

And of course, Alex Skarsgaard as Eric Northman.

If you've followed my blog for, oh, five minutes, you know I'm a huge Alex fan. He may even be my favorite onscreen vampire (but don't tell Ian Somerhalder/Damon.)

I spent most of the weekend preparing my koi fish pond and garden for the summer - two major distractions over the next couple of months. When the weather is nice, I just want to be outside, and until my hubby builds me that writing "cabin" (hint, hint, Jeff), I can't sit in the garden area and work away.

One might assume Alex ranks as a significant distraction, as well.

Normally I'd agree. But this time I'm using him as reward.

With some pretty hefty writing goals and deadlines looming over the next few days, I'm looking for as many dangling carrots as I can get. Alex is pretty much gold plated.

Don't believe me?


How about now? I'd say he makes for a prime Muse Avatar this beautiful  Monday.

True Blood premieres June 10. I have a feeling you'll be seeing a lot more of him on my blog over the next few months.

Have a great week!

Dawn

The Book In My Bag Today: Chasing Fire, Nora Roberts


6 comments:

  1. I am 100% with you on this. I adore him... saw Battleship on Saturday just because he was in it (and perfect of course). And with True Blood adding Chris Meloni, I can only hope this series is going to be awesome! Thank you for starting my day with that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg!!! June 10th can't come soon enough!!!! I am dying for a little Eric in my life again!!! I may have to resort to watching Battleship (*shudder*) to quell the "Skarsgard syndrome".

    Oh wait...there's Straw Dogs too.... Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, yeah, girl! He's like the #1 hot villain in my mind. I actually had him in mind when writing a secondary character recently. Like one of those "is he good or bad" characters. The best kind! :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. When Buffy ended I never thought I would love another vampire as much as Spike, but Eric Northman has filled that void oh so nicely! If you need an extra Alex fix before June 10, you should watch 13. I stumbled across the movie because Jason Statham was the star. I had no idea it would have some extra Alex fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to start watching this show ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not my type. I'm more into Pam. And I ... ugh ... signed up for HBO again. :-)

    ReplyDelete