Monday, October 8, 2012

Diverse aMUSEment


I love the diversity of Johnny Depp.

Determined not to be pigeon-holed as a pretty boy - despite his startling good looks - Johnny has taken on some of the most challenging, unique, and brilliant acting roles of the last two decades, proving he is much, much, much more than a pretty face.

While there are similarities in many of the roles Johnny has taken on, there's a big difference between his character in Secret Window vs Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, for instance. But they also have one thing in common - Johnny is amazing in both movies.

Diversity. 

I'm striving for that in my own career. Not just in mediums - journalism, screenwriting, short stories and novels - but in genres, as well.

In just a few short thousand words, I'll finish my paranormal-ish suspense/romance (talk about diverse!), and then will move on to my second thriller novel, a comedy-inspired screenplay, a paranormal young adult, the third educational canola book, and a semi-secret horror project that literally haunts my dreams. (Hey, it's the month of Halloween...scary is allowed.)

Yeah, I know, diverse. But I think that's what inspires me.

A little like Johnny Depp does. Which is what makes him the perfect Monday Muse Avatar. Don't you think?

Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends and family. Have a fabulous week!

- Dawn

The Book In My Bag This Week: Carnival of Souls, Melissa Marr

1 comment:

  1. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts.
    After all I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

    Here is my weblog get redirected here

    ReplyDelete