Thursday, April 11, 2013

J is for Jack the Ripper


Last year was my first crack at the A-Z Blogging Challenge, a blogging phenomenon created by the amazing Arlee Bird. The object is to blog every day of the month of April (except Sundays), and to increase the challenge (if you wanted), to blog thematically from A to Z. No sweat, right? Last year, I blogged about music with Jessica Bell. This year, I'm heading back to my roots and blogging about all things thriller. Join me?
*     *    *


I've always been fascinated by historical bad guys - particularly unsolved mysteries, or notorious serial killers, like Jack the Ripper.

There must be hundreds of fictional adaptations of the Ripper story, from books, to movies, and most recently, an entire TV series. I haven't checked out Ripper Street, but I have read dozens of books about Jack the Ripper, and at one point, co-wrote a script for a potential TV show featuring Jack. 

Even though the script wasn't picked up, I suspect my fascination with the Ripper is far from done, and even now, the idea for a book lingers at the top of my To Be Written idea pile. But since books about Ripper started almost immediately after the murders happened, I'm still working out what my unique angle will be. Goodness knows there are a number of theories to choose from.

Do you have a historical bad guy (or good) that you're itching to write about?

- Dawn


1 comment:

  1. Not really for me, but Jack the Ripper would be up there.

    ReplyDelete